Standard SSL Certificates
- Secures a single web domain
- Authenticates identity of domain owner
- Boosts search engine ranking
- Adds padlock to web browser showing online communications to be secured
- Ideal for blogs & personal websites
- Secures single web domain
- Offer higher degree of authentication over Standard SSL certificates
- Requires more evaluation & documentation checks
- Validation includes manual steps to confirm web domain identity, ownership, location, and authorization
Multi-Domain SSL Certificates
- Use Subject Alternative Names (SAN) certificates to secure unlimited domains & sub-domains.
- Ideal for securing names across multiple domains and sub-domains.
Allows running multiple services on a single dedicated IP address.
Capable of securing messaging services:
- Microsoft Outlook
Wildcard SSL Certificates
- Secures single domain to include an unlimited number of first-level sub-domains. Examples include:
Displays Green address bar
Secures both mydomain.com & www.mydomain.com